The dangers of stupid inventions
I was looking into water electrolysis just for the sake of understanding how to generate hydrogen and any practical uses.
And I came across this....enjoy.
omg. i was trying to making hydrogen today... i was using a 760w wire plugged into my house outlet. i put the pos an neg in the water and steady sparks started appearing off the surface. like a tiny little flame on each wire. i accidently sneezed and suddenly i heard a loud BOOM and when i opened my eyes all i saw was white and purple light. as the light faded i looked down and saw water everywhere and glass fragments everywhere.
did i seriously just make water explode? i'm not trying to sound stupid, but for real what the flip just happened?
Basically, Johnny here put a 120v plug in a jar of water. He created a short circuit melting the insulation on the wire and creating hydrogen gas via electrolysis. So when Johnny sneezed, the spark jumped igniting the hydrogen blowing the jar up.
Thats why we don't tinker with electricity and/or explosive gases